They Say it takes 21 days to make a good habit, and less than 7 to break one. Here we are on the last day of May, and I’m here to challenge you to take the 21 day habit forming challenge. Why now? Why, summer of course! 21 Days from now, on June 21, the summer solstice arrives.
I only insert this very “textbooky” picture here because I think it’s a great reminder that we are just about HALF WAY through 2011! That’s right. The summer solstice also marks the half way point of 2011. How are you doing on your plans, your revolutions you made in January with me, with your hopes for summer racing, summer swimwear, summer hiking etc etc.
We have slogged through one of the coldest, wettest Winter and Spring in our history and many of us have taken comfort in staying home, sitting on our couches (watching great hockey of course) and possibly forming some not so great habits.
I for one, can count myself in that boat. My nightly “green tea” routine of making a huge pot of aromatic tea and sipping on cup after cup before bed, has slowly morphed into green tea and blueberries, to green tea and dark chocolate, to green tea and a cookie, and lately, to green tea and anything sweet!
I am taking the next 21 days to get BACK to a great habit. Back to the plain ol’ Green tea. Will you join me in forming ONE new habit over the next 21 days that will benefit your health? Having trouble choosing? Email me for a fantastic tool that can help you narrow your focus and find the perfect goal. It could be nutrition related, fitness related, stress related, sleep related. Anything. Pick something and commit to the next 21 days.
Here’s a few tips to help you along the way:
- Tell someone, anyone, everyone! The more people you tell, the more likely you are to succeed
- Keep it simple. This is not about giant goals. This is about ONE habit you want in place before that summer solstic hits
- Write it down and post it somewhere where you will be reminded to focus on it. better yet, post it somewhere that you are likely to BREAK the habit. You might think twice
- Buddy up and get someone to work on the same habit with you. Report to each other daily
- Be positive. State your intentions in a positive way and do not beat yourself up if you slip up. Affirm for yourself why you are doing it and get on with it!
In 21 days, once summer arrives, I’ll be back with news on how I did with my habit “re-forming” and I’ll be bringing you a fabulous 100 days of summer challenge, complete with a prize package!!! So, if you think you’d like to take part, I seriously encourage you to get cracking with the mini ’21 day habit former”.
I’d LOVE to hear what you’re working on, so send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment here! Tell your friends, spread the word and make some GREAT HABITS!